History & Mission
At Georgia Heritage FCU, it’s all about you. Our mission is to make a positive difference for our members and the communities we serve. As a not-for-profit organization, we put members first. We strive to maintain a one-on-one relationship with our members while providing them with a full line of financial resources. As allies towards our community, we work to promote and assist in its growth every day.
What began on April 15, 1940, as the Union Bag Federal Credit Union became Union Camp Savannah Federal Credit Union in 1966 and finally Georgia Heritage Federal Credit Union in 1999. We expanded further in 2006 when the Credit Union received its community charter, allowing us to serve anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Chatham, Effingham, and Bryan counties and their immediate family members. Today, we take pride in our continued growth as a premier credit union in Georgia.
The Credit Union’s main branch operates at 1085 West Lathrop Avenue in Savannah. In 2012, we opened our Pooler branch at 102 Park Avenue. In 2014, our third branch opened in Savannah located at the corner of Stephenson Avenue and Habersham Street. In 2018, our fourth branch opened in Rincon, GA on Hwy 21.
Because we believe our members should have the knowledge and resources to make the best decisions for their future, our vision is to provide the highest quality financial products and services through innovative technology and education for our members and the communities we serve.