Safeguarding Your Cards and Identity From the Risk of Exposure Starts With Keeping Constant Control of Your Cards and Card Numbers.
Some additional safety tips you should follow:
- Sign your cards with permanent ink as soon as you receive them.
- Memorize your personal identification number.
- Choose PINs that are not easy to guess.
- Do not respond to unsolicited e-mails requesting financial information.
- Carry only the cards you’re going to use.
- Watch the merchant perform your card transaction.
- When shopping online, make sure you only enter your card information on trusted sites that have a yellow padlock on the bottom browser window frame.
- Never give your personal or financial information out to anyone contacting you via phone.
- Hang up and call your financial institution using a phone number you are familiar with to verify the call.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Never lend your cards to anyone or leave them unattended anywhere.
- Never throw receipts in the trash where others can get them.