You have been given a check to pay you for money owed. In the past, this meant a trip to the financial institution to deposit the check. Typically you had to sign the check in front of the teller.
How to Deposit a Check Remotely through Georgia Heritage
- Download the app from iTunes®, Google Play™, or Apple Apps™, depending on whether you have an Apple or Android system. You will download the app that is Georgia Heritage FCU. To set it up, you will provide your account information. There will be a range of features, and remote check deposit is one of them. It is secure and very convenient.
- Make sure your check is written correctly on the front.
- Type in the amount of the check you are depositing at the space indicated.
- Endorse your check via the on-screen instructions.
- Follow the directions on the app for taking a picture of the front and back of the check. Sometimes if a clear picture was not received you may be instructed to take another.
- You will get an indication that it went through and receive an email.
- If deposited before 3:00 p.m., it will be posted by the next day. If a check is received after 3:00 p.m., it will post after midnight the following day.
- Funds are generally available for use two days after deposit.
- Once your check is posted, mark VOID on the check and keep it protected in your records for 60 days.
- The amount of funds you deposit may be limited. This will be indicated to you on the remote check feature.
- Do not present the check to be cashed again.
Ask Us Any Questions You Have about How to Deposit a Check Remotely
Remote check deposit is a free service through our Georgia credit union, and it certainly frees up a lot of time that you would be spending going to your local credit union branch.
If you have any questions about how to deposit a check or have any difficulties with it, please contact us.