As the days get longer and the weather gets warmer, there is no better time than now to start enjoying the great outdoors with your friends and family. According to Georgia’s tourism website, our beautiful state has “almost 60,000 square miles of water.” Keeping this in mind, purchasing a new boat may be the answer you have been looking for to have even more fun all summer long.
With boat loans through Georgia Heritage FCU, we may make purchasing boats more accessible. We offer pre-approved loans before you shop so you may know exactly how much boat you can comfortably afford – making the buying experience a whole lot easier.
On the off-hand you would rather get that new convertible to drive along the coast during that beautiful summer sunset, Georgia Heritage FCU may be here to assist with that, as well!
What to Do Before Applying for a Boat Loan
In general, before applying for a boat loan, there are a few steps you should keep in mind:
- Know your own credit score and credit history, as well as the rates you might expect to receive with that credit score.
- Although the common notion that applying for a loan negatively affects your credit score, there’s more to the story than people realize. The truth is:
- Applying for a loan might lower your credit score briefly, but only by a few points. It’s not as bad as we’ve been made to believe.
- If you know you are going to buy a boat, try to do your shopping within a two-week period. In most cases, the first time you apply for a loan, your credit score may be affected, but for the next several days, it may not.
- Calculate the APR, the total loan amount you need, any down payment that you may plan to use, and the loan term. Once you understand the big picture regarding the investment, you may be more capable of determining whether or not you are getting the best deal.
Why You Should Consider Obtaining the Loan from Our Credit Union
Georgia Heritage FCU offers competitive financing options for boats. Additional advantages of obtaining a boat loan from our credit union include:
- Highly flexible terms up to 84 months
- An easy online loan application
- Personalized service
All loans through Georgia Heritage FCU are subject to credit approval, and the rate you receive may vary depending on individual credit history and underwriting factors. Rates are subject to change at any time without notice.
For more information or to apply for a loan, visit our website or step into one of our credit union branches in the Savannah Metropolitan Area.